Antique Furniture Restoration
A specialty of the workshop is antique furniture restoration and conservation. Whether it is a family heirloom, a part of a museum collection, or just a piece you found at an antique store, care is taken to ensure that the historical integrity is preserved. Utilizing both traditional and modern materials, the restoration performed will preserve the piece for the next generation or longer.
Our services include:
- All structural repairs of furniture
- Refreshing an existing finish or refinishing in both traditional and modern finishes
- Retouching scratches or blemishes to create visual consistency
- Woven seating restoration in cane and rush
- Gilding conservation
- Veneer stabilization and replacement
- Carving and/or turning replacements to missing elements
- Reupholstery, whether it is replacing damaged or stained fabrics/ leather or refreshing the look of dated upholstery
Sideboard restoration, originally built in Saint Albans in the 1840s by William H. Livingston, currently residing in the collection of the Vermont Historical Society. The restored sideboard was featured in the recently published book, “Rich and Tasty – Vermont Furniture to 1850”.
Desk repair, before and after.